Monash University Malaysia is calling for scholarship application for 2014 intake. The campus will be offering Cost of Living Allowances (stipend) and/or Tuition Fee Waiver scholarships to outstanding and deserving candidates.
The campus offers doctoral (PhD) and masters level research programs are available in the following key research focus areas:
- Politics and governance in Southeast Asia
- Culture, religion and gender in Southeast Asia
- Media, literature and the arts in Southeast Asia
- Societal Health
- Community Welfare
- Sustainable Economic Development
- Political & financial governance
- Civil society and societal development
- Organisational change, leadership and culture
- Corporate entrepreneurship and strategies
- New Media technology, popular culture and moralities
- City-formation, urbanisation and urbanism
- Migrant labour and refugees
- Earning Management, Policy Choice and Voluntary Disclosure
- Biomedical Engineering
- Infection and Immunity
- Depression, Anxiety and Epilepsy
- Sleep Disorder
- Reproductive Aging
- Methodological Innovation
- Chronic diseases
- Self Management of Health
- Environment, health and disease
- Health Culture and Society
- Therapeutics and Drug Discovery from Natural Products and Bioactive Compounds
- Bioactive Compounds
- Ecology and Environment
- Health and Microbiology
- Green Technology
- Critical Infrastructure and Systems
- Intelligent and Efficient Lighting
- Green Materials and Technologies
- Emerging Green Electronics Research
- Sustainable Water Management
- Nanostructures and Advanced Materials
- Biomedical Engineering
- Health Information Systems
- Disease Informatics
- Natural Language Processing for Medical Diagnostics
- Behavioural Health Informatics
- Assistive Healthcare Robots
- Psychology, Health and Wellbeing
- Oncology and Therapeutics
- Tax Compliance
A full scholarship provides cost of living allowances (stipend) and tuition fee waiver.
For master’s students, stipends are:
- RM1800 per month for Year One
- RM2000 per month for Year Two.
For PhD students, stipends are:
- RM2000 per month for Year One
- RM2200 per month for Year Two
- RM2400 per month for Year Three.
Applicants must meet all other entry requirements of the University including English language requirement. Applicants must also have high distinction average (H1 or First Class honours) and be undertaking full-time study.
You are not eligible to apply for this scholarship if you:
- hold any form of sponsorship from other sponsors
- receive sponsorship from any party in pursuing studies at the same level
Based on academic achievement and offered to the highest achieving students for each discipline as determined by the scholarship awarding committee.
Research degree students (Malaysian and Malaysia PR) who are on Monash University Malaysia financial support in the form of a tuition fee waiver and monthly stipend are required to contribute 10 hours per week in academic teaching and/or research training. International students will be engaged to provide Peer Assisted Study Session (PASS).
Full tuition fee waiver only
A fee waiver scholarship provides exemption from tuition fees.
Applicants must meet all other entry requirements of the University including English language requirement. Applicants must also have a minimum of H2A or Second Class Upper to apply for fee waiver.
Based on academic achievement and offered to the highest achieving students for each discipline as determined by the scholarship awarding committee
There will be 3 scholarship rounds for 2014. The application closing dates for each round are listed below:
- ROUND 1/2014 : 28 February 2014
- ROUND 2/2014 : 15 April 2014
- ROUND 3/2014 : 15 July 2014
Applicants are advised to initiate application process for course at least 6 weeks before the deadline.
Application process can be downloaded here (pdf, 100 kb).
- Scholarship Application (doc, 123 kb)
- Scholarship Referee Report (doc, 97 kb)
- Personal Details for Stipend Holder Form (doc, 66 kb)
Official Scholarship Website: http://www.monash.edu.my
Source link: Scholarshipsbank.com