Deadline:1 Oct 2015/1 Feb 2016 (annual)
Study in: Netherlands
Next course starts Feb/Sept 2016
The Leiden University Excellence Scholarship Programme (LExS) is open to outstanding Non-EU/EEA students enrolling in a master’s degree programme at Leiden University.
Leiden University, The Netherlands.
Field of study:
All MA, MSc and LL.M programmes as mentioned on the website Master’s programmes in Leiden, a number of programs have a start date in September only.
Number of Awards:
Non-EU/EEA international students
The Leiden University Excellence Scholarship programme has 3 awards:
• € 10.000 of the tuition fee
• € 15.000 of the tuition fee
• Total tuition fee minus the home fee
• Non-EU/EEA students enrolling in a Leiden University master’s degree programme starting February 2016 or September 2016
• In his or her prior academic education abroad, the applicant must have achieved excellent study results which are relevant for the programme for which the student wishes to enrol. As an indication, the student will be among the top 10% for the relevant programme followed abroad.
• The applicant will hold a non-EU/EEA passport and will not be eligible for support under the Dutch system of study grants and loans.
• Scholarships will not be awarded to applicants who have already obtained a Leiden University master’s degree.
• Students who are granted a Leiden Excellence Scholarship must comply with and confirm in writing their agreement with the terms and conditions (refer to official website) attached to the scholarship prior to the granting of the scholarship.
You must first apply for admissions to Leiden University online. In your application, you must indicate clearly that you would like to apply for the LExS scholarship and upload your letter of motivation for the LExS scholarship on the scholarship page. For programmes starting in February 2016, the deadline is 1 October 2015. For all programmes starting in September 2016, the deadline is 1 February 2016.
It is important to visit the official website (link found below) to access the online application form and for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.